- $10.50 Tableside Guacamole - Made to your preference of spice at the table. Served with our warm tortilla chips.⊕⊗
- $13.50 Ceviche - Mahi-mahi and shrimp cured in fresh citrus juice, sea salt, pico de gallo, avocado and crispy tortilla strips.⊕
- $6.00 Elote - Sweet corn kernels with adobo chipotle aioli, queso fresco, guajillo chile powder, cilantro and lime.⊕⊗
- $6.00 Chicharrón - Crispy fried pork rinds drizzled with achiote lime vinaigrette, salt and tajín.⊕
- $11.50 Crispy Queso - Melted, browned Iowa cheese curds with chorizo rojo in a warm skillet and served with our homemade corn tortillas.⊕
- $11.00 Chicken Thighs- Slow cooked boneless chicken thighs (5) fried crisp and served with a variety of house sauces.⊕
- $13.00 Churrasco Ribeye - Brazilian style marinated ribeye skewers with crispy potatoes, smoked paprika aioli and chimichurri.⊕
All selections include corn tortilla chips, shredded lettuce, drunken beans, queso fresco, pico de gallo, guacamole and crema. (See flavors section for descriptions.)⊕
- $9.00 Blue Iguana Nachos
- $10.00 Pollo
- $14.00 Carne Asada
- $12.00 Chorizo
- $10.00 Carnitas
- $9.00 Vegetable
- $12.00 Avocado Salad - Greens, black beans, pico de gallo, avocado, Iowa cheese curds, fire roasted corn vinaigrette, topped with crispy corn tortillas, shaved radish and cilantro.⊕⊗
- $12.00 Taco Salad - Drunken beans, your choice of either picadillo or pollo, lettuce, tomatoes, queso fresco and guacamole. Topped with crema.⊕⊗ (sub carne asada for $1).
- $12.00 Diablo Chicken Salad - Grilled marinated chicken, mixed in our signature enchilada sauce on a bed of fresh lettuce and topped with Iowa cheese curds, jalapeños, cilantro, avocado and tomatoes. Served with avocado ranch dressing.⊕
- $15.00 Diablo Steak Salad - Grilled marinated skirt steak, mixed in our signature enchilada sauce on a bed of fresh lettuce and topped with Iowa cheese curds, jalapeños, cilantro, avocado and tomatoes. Served with avocado ranch dressing.⊕
Flour tortilla filled with melted Iowa cheese curds, served with lettuce, pico de gallo and crema. (See flavors section for descriptions.)
- $9.00 Cheese
- $10.50 Pollo
- $13.50 Carne Asada
- $10.50 Carnitas
- $14.50 Camarones
- $10.00 Vegetable⊗
All include 2 of our specialty tacos on our homemade corn tortillas and served with your choice of 2 sides.
- $13.50 Pescado - Grilled marinated mahi-mahi topped with Mexican slaw, avocado and chipotle aioli.⊕
- $12.00 Lengua - Slow braised beef tongue, cilantro, shaved onions and spicy avocado salsa.⊕
- $13.00 Camarones - Shrimp sautéed in garlic and topped with Mexican slaw, avocado and chipotle aioli.⊕
- $13.50 Campechano - Our signature Mexico City street taco filled with carne asada and chorizo rojo, topped with crispy grilled Iowa cheese curds and avocado salsa.⊕
All include 3 tacos on our homemade corn tortillas, topped with cilantro and onion, and served with your choice of 2 sides. ⊕ (See flavors section for descriptions.)
- $9.00 Pollo
- $9.00 Picadillo
- $13.50 Carne Asada
- $11.00 Chorizo
- $10.00 Carnitas
- $8.00 Vegetable⊗
Served with choice of 1 side.
- $11.00 Carnitas Torta - Pork shoulder braised with tequila, avocado leaves and orange with crispy bolillo, chipotle mayo, Sriracha slaw, avocado and cilantro.
- $13.00 Iguana Burger* - Iowa beef on toasted brioche bun with crumbled queso fresco, roasted poblano, crispy corn tortilla, chipotle aioli and ripe avocado.
- $11.00 House Burger* - Half pound of Iowa beef on toasted brioche, served with lettuce, onion & sliced tomato. (add grilled Iowa cheese curds, or crumbled queso fresco for $1).
Flour tortilla filled with drunken beans, your choice of meat (see flavors section for descriptions), Iowa cheese curds and served with lettuce, tomato and crema. All accompanied with your choice of 2 sides.
- $11.00 Pollo
- $14.50 Carne Asada
- $10.00 Picadillo
- $12.50 Chorizo
- $14.50 Lengua
- $12.00 Carnitas
- $10.50 Vegetable⊗
- $17.00 Beef Rib Birria - Tender braised country ribs with crispy masa cakes, smoked paprika, cilantro and crema. ⊕
- $32.00 Angus Ribeye* - House cut and aged 12 ounce Iowa ribeye served with potatoes bravas, escabeche and topped with chimichurri. ⊕
- $23.00 Mahi-mahi - Pan roasted mahi-mahi with tomatillo emulsion, pickled tomato, shrimp, charred corn salad and marinated shaved cabbage. ⊕
- $14.00 Milanesa - Crispy breaded chicken breast with fresh herb salad, smashed fried potatoes, escabeche and black bean purée. ⊕
- $18.00 Camarones Machos - Sautéed garlic shrimp with roasted chile de arbol, onion, garlic and spicy tomato sauce.⊕
All accompanied with your choice of 2 sides.
- $12.00 Chile Relleno - Roasted poblano pepper, Iowa cheese curds, Grand Marnier and roasted poblano sauce. ⊕⊗
- $13.00 Flautas - Three fried corn tortillas filled with shredded chicken breast, topped with lettuce, tomato, crema and queso fresco. ⊕
- $14.00 Enchiladas Verdes - Three hand wrapped enchiladas with shredded chicken breast, served with spicy homemade tomatillo sauce, crema, queso, cilantro, shaved onions and avocado.⊕
A la carte $2.50
- Frijoles Borrachos - Drunken pinto beans, cerveza, pico de gallo, pork belly and cotija. ⊕
- Frijoles Negros - Black beans with onion and epazote. ⊕⊗
- Cilantro Lime Rice - Slowly cooked basmati rice with cilantro and lime. ⊕
- Escabeche - Pickled carrots, cauliflower, onion with garlic and jalapeño. ⊕⊗
- Hominy - Sautéed white maize with onion, epazote and jalapeño. ⊕⊗
Blue Iguana Flavors
The descriptions below explain how each of our meats and veggies are prepared.
- Pollo - Marinated grilled chicken breast simmered in adobo and lime.
- Carne Asada - Pan seared skirt steak marinated with lime and cerveza.
- Chorizo - Mexican style pork sausage with red chiles, Mexican herbs and spices.
- Lengua - Slow braised beef tongue with avocado leaf and tequila.
- Carnitas - Pork shoulder braised with tequila, avocado leaves and citrus.
- Vegetable - Pinto bean fritters, escabeche, charred Iowa sweet corn, crema.
- Picadillo - Mexican ground beef with potato, onion, carrot and a hint
⊕ Gluten Free
* Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- Attention Black Hawk Fans!!! Pregame with us at The Blue Iguana! We've got an ALL YOU CAN EAT taco bar with all the…read more
- 3 Pints for $2!!!!! Come and get a taste! We'll have Shiner here t 5pm on Saturday, November 16th featuring . . .…read more